Food, Books, Kniting and of course, Delaney

Food, Books, Knitting & Of Course, Delaney

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What I'm Up To...

Because you care so much. :-/

Anyway...So I've been working on the Christmas afghan. It's turning out nice if I do say so myself. I just hope it doesn't turn out too narrow. I'm afraid that it will, but I figure if it does, I'll just pretend I always meant it that way. Just like Julia Child said, "Who's going to know?"

Delaney has decided, lately, to let me have my bed. I'm not sure how long this will last though. She's still taking it over during the day, but at night the bed is mine.

I just finished reading 16 Lighthouse Road by Debbie Macomber. It's just a sweet, fun read but then all her books are. She tends to write romances but they're more rooted in the real world than a trashy Harlequin romance. She also has an amazing knit series called The Shop on Blossom Street. You should totally check her out.

I started reading Kingdom Come by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It's the sequel to the Left Behind series. I'm not very far into it, but so far it seems okay. I have a weird relationship with this series. I enjoyed the main series, but I never found it to be well written. Jenkins (the actual writer, LaHaye had the idea for the series) has this habit of over-explaining some things and then under-explaining other things. I also have a problem with the prequels, those were just ridiculous. The prequels are even more over dramatic than the entire series. In the main series the over dramatic dialog and actions wasn't so bad since it was spread out over twelve books but the prequels jams all that over acting into three. That and demon children from homosexual sperm donors was just too weird for me. I gave up a third of the way through the second prequel and have no plan of reading them again. I'd rather let the character's pasts be a mystery. It's better that way.

We went to the Tennessee State Fair this week. We're not going back again. It was so boring and the only good parts were the rides, which there weren't that many. It was a total disappointment for all of us. We're going to try some other fair my mom found next month. I don't remember the name. I'm still licking my wounds from this last fair.

Well my little demon monkeys, I shall bid you adieu. Until we meet again. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment