Food, Books, Kniting and of course, Delaney

Food, Books, Knitting & Of Course, Delaney

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New Furniture and a Sleeping Dog

So Tuesday afternoon the furniture for the house came. This is amazingly exciting because my mom ordered this furniture on June 28 and it took almost two months to finally get all this furniture, though the website claimed it would only take ten to fifteen days so theoretically the furniture should have been at the house before my mom and I got to TN. But I guess we all know that wasn't exactly true.

I guess I should cut them a little slack since it was a whole house worth of furniture, but since a lot of the pieces were scratched or dented I'm not going to. Why? Mostly because I'm a bitch like that.

In other news, since the furniture got here I was able to finally put up my bird decorations. My room colors are black and white which is pretty awesome to me. I got these really pretty bird cling stickers from Target and these plastic silhouette of birds in flight also from Target. I think it looks pretty good, but my brother thinks it looks tacky and stupid. I don't know why I care what the WoW kid thinks, but it really bothers me when he calls my stuff tacky or makes fun of my (lack of) style. Younger siblings are pains in the asses, but I suppose a lot of people already know that.

I'm really enjoying the new set up in my room. Originally I was supposed to have a full bedroom set with a headboard, foot board, two nightstands, a high chest of drawers and a dresser with mirror, but since I'm on the top floor and share a wall with the roof my ceiling and walls are anything but symmetrical. The ceiling slopes and the walls are all different heights so the headboard would never fit. Plus my whole room is shaped really odd because of the dormer window in my room, so in the end only the high chest of drawers and one of the nightstands would fit. I'm okay with it though since I have more of a minimalist style. My mom picked out all the furniture with basically me just saying I liked it. I mean it's her house, she lets me live here for free and pays for my gas and expenses, why should I complain about anything?

I mean I do, but I really shouldn't.

Anyway, there hasn't been much progress on the afghan. I finished another row of cables but right now I'm too lazy to take a new picture of it. Maybe when I have some more of it finished in the next post.

In Delaney news, she got a new haircut from my mom so now I can see her face! No more Chewie look for this little lady. She hates getting shaved on her face though. I don't blame her, that razor is loud and scary when it's coming up to you. She's just in love with my bed now also. I can't really get her off unless my brother decides to be bratty and play with her on the bed to which she hops off and goes under my desk to warm my feet. And sleep because that's what she wanted to do on that bed anyway. Seriously though, when I finally decide to go to bed it is like moving an elephant so I can wiggle into a small area to sleep. That Kibbles and Bits eating Mother Chicken will not let me sleep in my bed without the written consent of herself and Fox News. I don't know when she and Fox got so buddy buddy.

So I'll end this post with a few new pictures of my bed, my birds and my Delaney.


Love, Peace and Chorizo Grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment